Resident Advisor - Team Lead
Blueprint Summer Programs (Pre-College Program)
Job type: Seasonal/Temp
Salary and Benefits: $525week; Room and board
Program Length/ Dates: Summer 2017, 2-3 weeks (Includes one week of on-site training)
About Blueprint Summer Programs
Our company offers personal, innovative, and fun pre-college summer programs for students entering grades 9 - 12 students. Here's what they get to do:
- Experience college life and immerse themselves in inspiring and meaningful courses.
- Live in residence halls on-campus with other students from around the country.
- Get Ready For College - with our proprietary college prep curriculum.
- Road trips! Travel to big cities, famous landmarks and popular attractions.
Manage and organize all residential life aspects of Blueprint Summer Program at designated location; provide supervision, guidance and support to all RAs. Monitor and participate in student activities while ensuring student safety and positive summer camp experience.
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to all residential staff
- Meet with residential staff on a regular basis to develop, conduct and evaluate activities; review student concerns/ requests; ensure that all residential staff adhere to the program schedule.
- Oversee the quality execution of all extracurricular and off-campus activities, including student special events and road trips
- Inspire and encourage R.A.’s to support the guiding concept of Blueprint Summer Programs: to provide an experience for students that is friendly, comfortable, personal, and helps to prepare them for college
- Create and maintain a supportive, personal, and fun environment that provides opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives.
- Organize and execute new procedures where necessary
- Facilitate a collaborative, positive, and professional environment by ensuring impeccable working relationships with and among R.A.’s, students, other Blueprint Summer Programs staff, and campus administration.
- Mediate residential life issues by overseeing student activities and monitoring student behavior/interaction. Respond promptly to detected concerns and initiate redirection and/or corrective action processes, as needed.
- Organize and manage all aspects of residential life administration. Functions may include (but are not limited to) student roommate requests, supply purchasing, meal planning and special event planning
- Implement all Blueprint Summer Programs accounting procedures, ensuring adherence to established policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- Assist Program Director in maintaining all program records including (but not limited to): incident reports, attendance records, meeting minutes, call logs and all additional general administrative reports
- Effectively serve in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Serve as a caring, compassionate mentor and adult presence to all students and staff at all times, including (but not limited to): Classroom time, planned activities, off-campus activities, student mealtimes, student free time and room checks.
- Engage all students in a way that inspires comfortable adjustment to life on a college campus and away from friends and family.
- Assist Program Director with general office administrative support and perform a variety of other administrative tasks, including (but not limited to): general office work, supply purchasing, monitor student issues, create hallway and floor decor, contribute to program set-up/breakdown
- College degree, currently enrolled in college program or have received some college credit
- Must be able to travel to and from designated Blueprint Summer Program location
- Must have some experience in mentoring youth, tutoring and/or student advising
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Caring, compassionate and selfless
- Creative, with a great sense of humor
- Ability to stay organized and thrive in unstructured, high-intensity environments
- Relentless commitment to student wellbeing and safety
- Pro-active problem solver, quick thinking and entrepreneurial
- Can- do, positive attitude and high energy
- Passionate and enthusiastic mentor
- Competent in diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding leadership skills, while also being able to recognize and appreciate group cohesion/ collaboration
- Team player, and eager to help in all situations
- Summer program experience is a plus
- Current CPR/ First Aid certification is a plus
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
How to Apply:
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume through our online application. For more information about Blueprint Summer Programs and a full list of our available positions, please visit www.bpsummerprograms.com
Program Dates and Locations
- University of Florida, Gainesville FL
- Session 1: Training Dates: June 18th - June 24th, Program Dates: June 25th - July 9th
- Session 2: Training Dates: July 9th - July 15th, Program Dates: July 16th - July 30th
- Arizona State University, Phoenix AZ
- Training Dates: June 25th - July 1st, Program Dates: July 2nd - July 16th
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville VA
- Training Dates: July 2nd - July 8th, Program Dates: July 9th - July 23rd
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem PA
- Session 1: Training Dates: July 2nd - July 8th, Program Dates: July 9th - July 23rd
- Session 2: Training Dates: July 16th - July 22, Program Dates: July 23rd - August 6th
- University of Connecticut, Storrs CT
- Training Dates: July 16th - July 22nd, Program Dates: July 23rd - August 6th