Job type: Telecommute/Virtual Office; Non-exempt Temporary Full Time
Pay Rate: $15.00-$17.00/hour April 1, 2018 - July 27, 2018
Reports to: Director of Program Development
- Oversee and manage Assistant Director of Academics, Lead Instructors and Instructors before and during program run dates
- Oversee, provide feedback for, edit and answer questions about curriculum
- Host office hours and virtually meet with instructors on a regular basis
- Develop new curriculum and adjust current curriculum on a variety of different courses
- Provide day and evening support for Instructors and program staff during program run dates
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and program activities for the Assistant Director of Academics and Program Instructors
- Evaluate the performance of Assistant Director of Academics and instructors through regular interaction and feedback. Recommend and implement departmental changes as approved
- Recommend, develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting academic programs
- Create curriculum and teaching modules for weekend conferences
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall Blueprint objectives
- Provide personal, motivational and academic counseling to Assistant Director of Academics and instructors
- Evaluate and develop curriculum, instructional materials, methods and techniques; adhere to approved curriculum
- Provide on-call support throughout program run dates to address Assistant Directors of Academics and Instructor questions, concerns and areas of risk,
- Serve as escalation contact for other program staff (i.e. TA’s)
- Act as assigned back up support for other program staff as-needed
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with subject matter experts regarding academics
- Some evening, weekend and on-call hours will be required
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Curriculum & Instruction. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years or more experience teaching
- One year or more of leadership/coaching experience in an academic setting
- Demonstrated skill with people & relationship management
- Two years or more experience with facilitation and teaching execution
- Experience working with youth, mentoring youth, seasonal youth programming
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, create, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern teaching methods and techniques
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- This is a work-from-home position and requires you to have a quiet place to work from and high speed internet.
- Experience working in a virtual office setting
- National board certified teacher
- Experience working as a part of a team
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
About Blueprint Summer Programs
Our company helps high school students succeed in college from Day 1 through personal, fun and innovative summer programs. Here’s why students come to Blueprint:
Get Ready For College: Blueprint’s proprietary College & Career Readiness curriculum, custom-developed academic courses and on-campus living help students more successfully navigate the transition from high school to college
Choose the Right Major: Inspiring courses taught by top-notch instructors help students choose an area they would like (or not like!) to study
Decide Where to Go to College: Living on a college campus and taking classes that focus on personal goals, budget and admission requirements help students feel more confident about what college is the ‘right fit’ for them
Rock their College Applications: Hands-on activities and workshops dedicated to organizing the college search and application process, writing stellar personal statements and engaging in effective college interviews all set students up for success as they apply for admission!
HAVE FUN! Road trips, evening activities and tours of popular attractions make for a fun and memorable summer!
We know, however, that the staff at our programs make a huge impact on how much a student learns from or loves their program experience, so we look for individuals that are good people with great experience and a passion for mentoring. If this is you, please join us!